Enjoy a hot summers day by floating down the Upper Yarra River on your very own river sled. This stunning 3km stretch of the river meanders around bends and over gentle rapids. Some sections are nice and smooth and others will get your heart pumping (just a little).
Depending on river levels at times you may need to help yourself along with a bit of paddling but, that’s all part of the fun. Once you get the hang of it try kneeling down a rapid or test out your balance skills by standing up in a deep pool of water. This is a great outdoor activity that the whole family can enjoy.
River sleds are 2 metres long, weigh 4.4 kilos, have a handle for easy carrying, and are made of high grade PVC rafting material. They are the ultimate in comfort and durability and will help protect your shins and elbows from the occasional knocks and bumps as you float down the river.Due to popular demand we are now running this adventure on a schedule with sessions starting at 11am, 1pm & 3pm.
- Round-trip transfers to and from the meet up location in Warburton
- River sled
- Shuttle upstream
- Safety briefing
Not Inclusive Of:
- Meals and beverages
- Other personal expenses
- Travel or medical insurance
- Wetsuit - Farmer Bill (adult)
- Wetsuit top (adult / kids)
- Wetsuit gloves (adult)
- Come ready to go in your swimmers
- Closed toe shoes or wetsuit booties
- Rash vest or wetsuit (depending on weather)
- Change of clothes (for after activity)
- Personal medication
- Hand sanitiser and face mask (for use on transport)
- A phone or camera for photos
Know Before You Book:
- Warburton Adventure Company is a Parks Victoria Licensed Tour Operator and is fully insured
- Suitable for children aged 6+.
- All children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness.
- You will need to complete our pre-arrival waiver, medical consent and covid-19 declaration form prior to your adventure.
- This activity begins in Warburton, which is approximately 75 minutes from Melbourne. You must make your own way to the designated meeting point.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Price excludes credit card fees.
Bramich Bridge Warburton, Warburton VictoriaGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
1) I understand that use of hire equipment is unsupervised and at my own risk. 2) Replacement cost for River Sleds that are lost / stolen or beyond repair is $400.00 3) River Sleds can not be taken below the Bramich Bridge on the Yarra River 4) River Sleds are not to be transported by any vehicle other than Warburton Adventure Co.