River sledding is a unique and thrilling experience which puts you centimetres from the water. In this guided adventure you’ll travel 5km of river all the way through Warburton disembarking at Oscars on the Yarra. Drifting downstream belly first you’ll get up close to the water and experience grade 1 & 2 rapids along sections of the river that are not easily accessible by the general public.
Your river guide will provide you with a river sled, helmet and pfd for the activity and run you through a safety briefing. You’ll then jump in our vehicle and head upstream for the start of your journey. Your river guide will be on hand throughout the activity teaching beginner swift water techniques and how to read the white-water environment, but most importantly they are there to ensure you have a wonderful fun filled time.
Depending on river levels at times you may need to help yourself along with a bit of paddling, but that’s all part of the fun. Once you’ve got the hang of it try kneeling down a rapid or test out your balance skills by standing up in a deep pool of water. Depending on the weather (or time of year) you may want to hire a wetsuit top, framers wetsuit and gloves. We have a range of sizes on offer, which can be viewed at checkout.
Our sleds are 2m long, weigh 4.4kgs, have a handle for easy carrying and are made from high grade PVC rafting material. They are the ultimate in comfort and durability and will help protect your shins and elbows from the occasional knocks and bumps as you float down the river.
- Round-trip transfers to and from the meet up location in Warburton
- River sled
- Wetsuit (Farmer Bill / Top)
- Safety briefing
Not Inclusive Of:
- Meals and beverages
- Other personal expenses
- Travel or medical insurance
- Wetsuit gloves (adult)
- Come ready to go in your swimmers
- Closed toe shoes or wetsuit booties
- Rash vest (depending on weather)
- Change of clothes (for after activity)
- Personal medication
- Hand sanitiser and face mask (for use on transport)
- A phone or camera for photos
Know Before You Book:
- Warburton Adventure Company is a Parks Victoria Licensed Tour Operator and is fully insured
- Suitable for children aged 6+.
- All children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness.
- You will need to complete our pre-arrival waiver, medical consent and covid-19 declaration form prior to your adventure.
- This activity begins in Warburton, which is approximately 75 minutes from Melbourne. You must make your own way to the designated meeting point.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- Price excludes credit card fees.
PO BOX 158, Warburton VictoriaGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
1) I understand that use of hire equipment is unsupervised and at my own risk. 2) Replacement cost for River Sleds that are lost / stolen or beyond repair is $400.00 3) River Sleds can not be taken below the Bramich Bridge on the Yarra River without a Warburton Adventure Co. guide. 4) River Sleds are not to be transported by any vehicle other than Warburton Adventure Co.